Sunday, August 24, 2008

All the Things We've Repaired or Replaced this Summer

I know these pictures aren't very exciting, but together it can be quite impressive/sad that we've had to replace or repair (or still need to replace or repair) all of them this summer. Not good for our very light pocketbooks!!! I thought if I document it this time, maybe we won't ever have to repeat it.

It all started with the Dryer being repaired - not the biggest deal - except it was a bit difficult for Jeff to have to climb up in the attic and clean out the dryer vent. The repairman only charged us for one service call and the price to replace the sensor.

Next we replaced our Salt System in the pool so we wouldn't have to spend so much time and money keeping our chlorine levels right. We found out after about a year with our first one that it was pretty much the worst system out there.

While Jeff was replacing the Salt System he found out that one of the pool pumps was broken - we didn't have to replace the whole pump - just the motor.
The same day Jeff was working on the pool systems I was checking on parts to fix the water heater for our bathroom - but the cheap fix wouldn't work - we had to replace that too.

Somewhere right around the same time our Garage door opener belt snapped -Jeff took a trip to the Home Depot and replaced it.
Then - this last Tuesday I came into the house after a washload had been run and smelled something burning - I searched the house and found the smell came from the washer. The call to the repairman said that it would be cheaper to replace the washer than to repair it. We think we've found what we want, but still haven't purchased it yet. Thank goodness Mom has a washer in her place so I don't have to head to the laundramat tomorrow.
After our weightloss program, we've been pretty tied to the scale making sure we don't ever gain more than 2 pounds. Now our nice scale won't work and we just hope we haven't ballooned without even knowing it! (I'm sure the cake for Sunday night dessert won't help matters at all.)
My cell phone now seems to be dropping calls constantly even though it still holds a charge. It's a good thing that can be a free replacement - it only requires another 2 year contract with Alltel.
And last but not least we got Dicey "Fixed". She wasn't broken - but easily could have been had some of the neighborhood dogs gotten hold of her!
I'm so lucky that Jeff is such a great Handyman. I don't know where we would be had he not been able to be the labor portion of the majority of these repairs.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

MAN! When it rains it pours huh!? Goodness! I hope things start fixed and unbroken for a long time. Jeff and your pocket books need a break!

Oh...and I love the last part about the dog! :)

Jennifer said...

I meant stay fixed not start fixed...(I'm brain dead)