Monday, September 29, 2008

Cooper and Shelby Perform

On Friday night our kids had their piano recital. My cousin Rob Solomon is their teacher and had scheduled a recital, and I really wanted the kids to participate even though we were planning a trip to Snowflake for Kari's wedding. The recital was at 6pm so I asked Rob if my kids could be at the first of the program so we could sneak out after they played. He obliged. They both played really well and I have video of them playing, but they've both refused to let me post it on the blog, so I'll comply with their wishes. Cooper played "Cossack Ride" and played it great. Shelby played the accompaniment for "Only Hope" from the movie "A Walk to Remember". Since it is an accompaniment part, she asked a neighbor girl to sing it while she played. They both did really well, and I'm proud of Shelby for all of the work she put into learning that song. She's worked on it for about 6 months now.

No comments: