Sunday, September 7, 2008

We Caught The Mouse


This hasn't been my most event filled week. Last Sunday I started getting a sore throat, and was worried that I was going to feel badly for our Labor Day ride. Luckily - I got a break that day and my throat wasn't bad at all. But - Tuesday it came back full bore. I don't think I've had one that bad in years. I didn't go to Notations, but stayed home and rested (I did still walk on the treadmill). Wednesday it was still kind of bad, so I stayed home and cleaned out my linen closet. Exciting - I know, but it feels great to have it clean and organized (at least util the kids get a towel out).


Well I was reminded that my cleaning ladies had pointed out some mouse "tracks" in my window and in Shelby's window when they were last here when I found them on the floor of the linen closet as well. I just don't like knowing that mice are running around my house at night! Well I got some mouse traps and set one in my window and one in Shelby's window. I woke up the next morning to find that the mouse had stolen the graham cracker spread with peanut butter from the trap and left a few tracks to taunt me.


Then I got sneaky. I pushed cheese farther onto the trap and spread peaunut butter on top of the cheese. Then I pulled out my garbage from under my kitchen sink to find that there had been some Mouse extravaganza going on under there. So - I put one trap under sink, one in Cooper's window (yes he'd been there too) one in the linen closet, one in Shelby's room and one in my room.


Friday morning showed success - the nasty little rodent was caught under my sink and will no longer be taunting me with his poop all over the house.


We have another trap under the sink now - both Jeff and I are just sure that one mouse couldn't have left such a mess - but nothing since then. Hopefully we've taught them all a lesson. You don't mess with the Danas.


The rest of the week was not near as glamorous as catching a mouse. Friday I went to the temple. Cooper spent the night at Jackson's house, Shelby was embarrassed by going out to dinner on a Friday night with her parents (according to her she "has no life"). We watched a movie downstairs that night. Saturday was quite busy. I went to a baby shower for one of my former Young Women Camie Brown (I don't remember her married name), then Jeff and I shlepped over to West Phoenix for a lunch for his former roommate - Hudson Johnston's 40th birthday. It was good to see he and his wife Leilani and Tom and Susan Allen. We stopped by Jeff's parents afterward to pick up the tickets to the Sun Devils game then picked up Cooper and Jackson so they could go to the game with Jeff.


I'm still fighting a bit of this sore throat, but I think it's improving. I hope I won't have to take an antibiotic.

3 comments:

7 Flakes said...

Wow. you guys are busy. And i am sure Shelby has a life. It wasn't the coolest thing just haning with your parents- but she will remember it forever. Memories are so FUN! And Lucky Cooper got to go the Sun Devils Game!

flakeyfour said...

You are brave setting the traps and checking them. That is a job I always leave to the man of the house a.k.a Garth. I hope you are feeling better.

Jennifer said...

That mouse must have had a bowel problem!...hope that issue is all in the past now....and hope you're feeling better too.