Sunday, September 14, 2008

This Exciting Week

Our stake Young Women played Volleyball on Tuesday night. It was really fun except for the fact that the Inter Stake center was a complete sauna. I don't remember ever being that hot in there. Luckily each group of girls is only there for an hour, but I certainly didn't want to stay and play with the RS women after staying through both hours with the girls.



Saturday we had a good work morning for our family. We got Shelby and Cooper out by the pool and trimmed up all of the plants in the landscaping. My hands and arms are scratched and poked all over and I felt like I had arthritis in my right hand from the pruning shears yesterday, but after a few hours our weeds are all cleared out and the plants are trimmed up so they can flourish this winter. Cooper and Shelby worked hard. I know that it doesn't seem fun for them, but it's such a great feeling when you're done with a project like that.



Last night Jeff and Cooper went to the ASU game and came home very disappointed that the Sun Devils lost to UNLV. Shelby and I hung out and watched "A Knight's Tale".



Today I left during Jeff's Sunday School lesson to go to Mindy's ward. This evening after dinner I oriented Ridge ward's new YW presidency, then we had our second Youth Committee meeting. I'm really excited to work with this group of kids this year. I think they'll be a lot of fun!!

No comments: